The environment and methodology is created to unfold the curriculum as an individual experience for each child. The method encourages personal experience and trying out, for children on their own, at their own pace. The teacher provides support and some guidance. Then children are encouraged to think about their experience. Teacher's inputs, ideas, and formal concepts come last. Only then does the learner create his or her own knowledge and feel confident.
This is an Integrated, Innovative curriculum and Training program. The principle role of its curriculum is to create conditions so that talent can flower and knowledge is created within the child, by the child.
The IDISCOVERI PRESCHOOL opened by IDISCOVERI and Powered by XSEED at Sector 46 in Gurgaon has a curriculum, which is scientifically designed, keeping in mind how each child can learn best. It is built around the most recent evidence from child psychology, brain based research and experience of leading practitioners. The curriculum draws from Western and Eastern educational philosophy, like the works of Sri Aurobindo, Howard Gardner, J.Krishnamurthy, Reggio Emilia, Maria Montessori and most importantly our own work with children over the last Two Decades.
The curriculum integrates children's physical, intellectual, social and emotional needs.
Theme based learning. There is clear evidence that children learn better when they can make connections between what they know (their immediate context) and what they don' t know. The themes provide a wonderful and meaningful way of doing so.
Multi-Age Interest Groups. Every day a child gets time to interact, learn and share with children who have similar interests and abilities
Day Structure. A 3-hour 40-minute, structured day chartered out in a consistent fashion for work, play, sharing, rest, and nutrition. The children then find a routine and feel safe, secure and develop increasing independence
Field visits. From time to time, as part of themes, visits to places like markets, post office and fire station are organized. Also a visit to their Mentor's home is a favourite.
The Early Year Program for ages 2 to 5 year olds is built around six core areas:
1. Personal, Social and Emotional Development: To provide a smooth transition into the wider world from home and to be able to manage and take care of oneself. The end objective is to develop a strong self image & esteem in each child.
2. Knowledge and Understanding of the World: To be able to find out the significance of the environment, people & places in their lives. By using problem solving skills, experimentation, prediction, questioning and decision making, a child can co-relate him/her self with the world he/she lives in.
3. Physical Development: To enable children to develop fine & gross motor skills and understand how their body works.
4. Language, Communication & Literacy Development: To be able to explore and enjoy the use of words in languages. To use language to communicate and express oneself and as well as learn to listen carefully to others.
5. Mathematical Development: To develop their understanding of number, patterns, shapes and space through exploration & practice.
6. Creative Development: To help children to explore and share their thoughts, ideas and feelings through a variety of mediums like art, music, movement, dance and role play activities.
''Never help a child , but Appreciate, at a task he feels he can succeed''.